Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the Broke and Bookish
It’s been a time since I did my last Top Ten Tuesday. I don’t know why I stopped doing them for a little while, maybe I wasn’t really into the topics or maybe I was to lazy to prepare a post… However, I’m back. This time with my Top Ten Goals or/and Resolutions for 2014.
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
* Start using Edelweiss to request books: I’ve been using Netgalley for quite some time now, and while I’m a big fan of Netgalley, it happens more and more that certain books that I do want to request can’t be found on there but instead can be found on Edelweiss. I actually have an account, and I never quite figured out how to use it… I know, pretty stupid of me, but this is going to change in 2014 *If I can’t figure it out, I am hopeful that there’ll be some bloggers willing to help out the blonde over here*
* Only accept the books I want to read: This is probably weird, but I accepted a few books while I wasn’t really sure about them and they were hell. I couldn’t/can’t get through them, but I hate to DNF books! I really don’t like to do so, but even when I don’t I still have to try and get through the books and most of the time this ends up with me in a very bad mood.
* I want to be okay with not finishing a book: Like I already stated above, I don’t like to DNF a book. I have to push myself to read a book that I really don’t like and this either ends up with me in a very foul mood, or with a major reading slump. Neither is favourable, so in 2014 I want to do better and just stop reading if that happens. I really hope I can stick with this one (So REMIND me when I’m being STUPID, please!)
* Comment some more: I actually started doing this in 2013 already, I want to be up to date about what’s going on at the blogs I like to visit. I’m going to comment more, I know that I love to receive comments on whatever I post, so the least I can do is visit some more and comment. (I’ll probably make a list with bloggers that I want to visit at least once a week… haha)
* Read more books: I completed the Goodreads Reading challenge I set for myself in 2013. I started to blog seriously about halfway into the year and I managed to read 63 books (60 was the challenge I set for myself). While I’m absolutely psyched that I made it. I set the bar a little higher and set my 2014 challenge to 100 books. I want to broaden my horizon a bit, go outside my comfort zone and make it happen!
* Start running more: This one, for a fact, is going well already. I signed up to for a 8km Mud Run on May 4th (with family). I started running again, 3 times a week, and things are going well. I’m glad I have a while until the Mud Run, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do, so I’m really excited!
* Avoid snack foods and soda when I’m stressed or nervous: Horrible habit that I need to break! As well as eating when I’m bored… Its not because I’m not overweight or anything like that, its just so unhealthy and I need to break it before I move out. Can you imagine me doing the grocery shopping and all the unhealthy crap I would buy? Ugh, so not going to happen!
* Stay organized: I don’t know what happened, but I’ve always been super neat and organized, lately though that’s just not working. Honestly, I scare myself seeing the way my room looks at the moment! I’m cleaning and organizing things and going to stick with that. I’ve no idea why I stopped being organized, but I hate the change so I’m rewinding things and getting them back to how they used to be! Honestly, I’m moving out in less than a year and I’m so not doing that if I don’t start organizing everything again…
* Less stressing: Stressing over things I can’t change is one of my worst habits and I want to work on that. I want to be more relaxed and accepting. Besides, its so bad for your health to stress…
* Graduate: I’ve you’ve read my personal posts then you know what I’m talking about. After I graduated the from Havo (Dutch School System), I continued high school by taking on the higher VWO level because I had no clue what I wanted to do yet. And I’m so done with everything that has to do with High School. I’m graduating in 2014 and will be starting university in September and that all I have left to say about that.